For a family, providing care to a loved one with Parkinson’s disease can be a meaningful and rewarding experience. However, when the disease has advanced, you may find that even with support from family and friends, your loved one can no longer manage on their own. Parkinson’s patients who experience hallucinations and diminished motor control are at a higher risk for dementia. Typically, individuals who develop symptoms of dementia do so about 10-15 years after the initial diagnosis of Parkinson’s. This is when Heritage Point of Tulsa can play a significant and meaningful role in the care, happiness and well-being of those who need additional assistance.
Individuals living with Parkinson’s disease may benefit from many interventions besides medication. Heritage Point provides a multidisciplinary approach to managing care.
Members of our team include:
- Registered Nurse, as well as other nursing support staff
- Dietary Director
- Life Enrichment Director
- Physician and Nurse Practitioner
- Opportunity for Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
Movement disorders can make simple daily tasks, like maneuvering around the house, frustrating and it may even become dangerous when combined with cognitive impairment! That’s why we purposefully designed our community and apartments to help those with Parkinson’s disease. Heritage Point provides a small, warm setting with only 18 private apartments in each home and a secure, easily-accessible courtyard for our residents to enjoy. Our community features a higher staff-to-resident ratio to ensure delivery of the unique care outlined in each resident’s plan of care. We provide individualized support based on each person’s needs, abilities and preferences.
Support service areas include, but are not limited to:
- Memory care
- Support for cognitive and behavioral challenges
- Medication management
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
- 2-person physical support and assistance with ambulation and transfers
- Incontinence management
- Three chef-prepared meals daily plus snacks
- Customized meal plans and Dietary monitoring
- Personal escort assistance to meals and activities
- Scheduled activities and fitness program
- Scheduled leisure transportation
- Personalized weekly housekeeping, linen and personal laundry service
- 24-hour staffing
- Emergency call system