Benefits to Residents & Families
Benefits of Living at Heritage Point
Over the past 15 years or so, many memory care facilities were created where residents either live on the upper floor of a building or in a hallway or floor of an existing facility that was converted into a “secure area”. At Heritage Point, every detail of how our homes were designed and every aspect of what we do is specifically planned to provide the specialized service of supporting people who are living with Alzheimer’s disease and other related memory impairments.
We offer our residents safety, assurance, encouragement, companionship, structure, and exceptional care combined with validation and personal freedom in a manner, we are happy to say, simply can’t be found anywhere else in Tulsa.
Residents who live at Heritage Point can expect the following benefits:
- A philosophy that honors individual preferences and interests and allows residents to maintain dignity and self-worth.
- A focus on “whole-person wellness” that promotes independence, choice, and happiness.
- A smaller, more intimate environment that puts an end to institutional living and allows for more personalized care.
- An open floor plan with beautiful courtyards and walking paths which allow residents to move about and enjoy the outdoors when they choose.
- A cutting edge approach to proving life enrichment activities that offer meaning and purpose everyday.
Benefit to Families
A common and sometimes difficult thread between many family members who are providing support for a loved one is a sense of responsibility that moves them out of their normal role as spouse, child, or grandchild and into that of caregiver.
Socializing and engaging a loved one in things that are of interest to them often have to take a back seat to simply attending to every day responsibilities of work, family and home. There is never seems to be enough time or energy to manage everything effectively and we understand that.
At Heritage Point, our job is to partner with families to become their breath of fresh air so that they can once again take their role as spouse, daughter, son, sibling, or friend.
- When families put their trust in us, it allows them to once again focus on enjoying the relationship with their loved one. It also gives them back time to attend to the many details of their life and gives them the peace of mind that comes from knowing that their loved one is well cared for – body, mind and spirit.
- Let us handle all the details of providing care and support such as managing medications, coordinating doctor’s appointments, providing transportation, and assisting with bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- You will have many opportunities to enjoy your relationship by being involved in fun and meaningful activities with your loved one.
- We can be a resource and guide you in different techniques to validate and enhance your experience with your loved one.
- We can teach you about Validation Therapy which is a great tool for helping your loved one communicate their thoughts and emotions both verbally and physically.
- Our team can help be a support system for you and give you resources for the many challenges that come with having a loved one with memory challenges.